Five Stretch*s for TV Time
Whether you are logging extra hours in front of the TV consuming news or Netflix, why not multitask?! Here are five stretch*s to make your screen time more productive.
- Maybe – With your right hand over the top of your head and touching your left ear, move your right ear down towards your shoulder. Hold for 2 seconds and then return your head to neutral. Repeat 5 times and then switch sides.
- Serve The Platt*r – This is a great stretch for your rhomboid muscles. Start with one arm out in front. Keep your elbow straight and your palm facing up. Bring your arm across your body, gently assisting at the elbow. Hold for 2 seconds and then repeat 5 times. Switch arms and repeat.
- Trap Tapp*r – For a deep trapezius (upper back and neck) stretch, start with your arm against your chest, hand on your opposite shoulder. Slide your hand across your shoulder and down your back, gently assisting at the elbow. Bring your arm across the body, gently assisting at the elbow. Hold the stretch for 2 seconds and then return to neutral. Repeat 5 times and then switch arms and repeat.
- Finger Flex*rs – With your palm facing up and your wrist stable, use your hand to gently bend your fingers towards the floor. Hold the stretch for 2 seconds and then return to neutral. Repeat 5 times and then switch hands.
- Forward Reach*r – To stretch your trunk extensors (backside of your torso), starting in an upright seated position, tuck your chin into your chest. With your arms dangling down in front of you, reach down and fall forward and down towards the floor.